Clothed with Love


I'm writing this today in looking for some people to get together to "do something". To make a difference. I know I feel so small sometimes in the ability to make a difference in such a heinous, worldwide atrocity as modern-day slavery, also known as "human trafficking."


"The modern-day slave trade is one of the fastest growing industries in the world, enslaving more than 30 million individuals today." (notforsalecampaign.org)
See the number 30 million can seem overwhelming, what can I do to help 30 million people? Little 'ol me? It's been an issue that for years gets my blood boiling every time I hear of it, think on it or pray about it. Then doubt, fear, and insignificance creep in... where I start to think that there's nothing I can do. But then I see the word individuals... and it sparks something in me. If I could help just one of those individuals, that has been rescued to receive a glimmer of hope, an expression of love... I would be honored. 

The truth is that when they do make rescues, there aren't enough safe places for these traumatized girls to go. One woman who has inspired me and has really given her all to "do something", she started Courage House Worldwide.  http://courageworldwide.org/ There is a house right here in Sacramento, California that has housed many of these rescued victims and will continue to do so.

There are many ways you can give and get involved in furthering this organization's ability to bringing hope, love and healing into these victims' lives. Here is one simple way in which they asked me to be involved... and so I'm writing this to our Oxygen girls, our Locket ladies, my local friends and MOPS mommies.... we have the opportunity to "do something". 


I know many of us don't have large bank accounts filled with extra money to give. This is something each and every one of us can do. These girls often come in with only the clothes on their back and we have the opportunity to clothe them with love.

The timing of this is perfect as many of you young girls are doing "back-to-school" shopping, maybe you could sacrifice one outfit, or a dollar amount of your budget to get a brand new outfit for one of these girls. I know I'm excited to go to my favs, Target & Marshall's, and pick out outfits for these girls. They are also open to gently-used clothes, so many of us could go through our closets and sacrifice something we maybe only wore a couple of times. They'd like to start their own clothing closet for these girls. They can take anything from size 0-20. Below I will post an even more specific wishlist I was given by one of their staff members. She included some items that aren't clothes, but things that the girls would be blessed by. (I have specific sizes of the girls currently in the Sacramento Courage House as well, if you are interested in those you can comment here or email me privately.)

Consider what you can do. I know each of us can do something and together that something will be significant.

Here are some other needs:

Gift cards:
  • WalMart
  • Target
  • Ross
  • Marshall's
  • TJ Maxx
  • Styles for Less
  • Movies (must be Regal Cinemas)
  • McDonald's
Rec supplies:
  • tetherball
  • volleyball net and ball
  • 4-square balls
  • chalk
  • other fun recreation items
  • passes for laser tag, sports games, petroglyph, etc. (8-10)


Labels: , , , , , , ,