Made to Make a Difference

Silencing the lie: "I can't change the world. I'm nothing special."

"Change the world? Really? Yea right! I'm just one person." This has been a part of my belief system since I was a young girl. But I always remember having a deep desire to make a difference, to change the world. Over time, I've begun to silence that lie in my life and believe that I can.

I believe we really can change the world, because you can change your world. What does your world look like? Who does it consist of? The choices we make never affect just us. They always affect those around us. So your world- your family, your friends, your household, your peers, your co-workers, the cashier you see every week, your decision to say yes or no, to go here or there, to lead or follow, to take a stand or to remain silent.... your world.
"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. And that which I can do, by the grace of God, I will do!" -D.L. Moody
What if? What if we woke up each morning letting Jesus love us fully and completely. (Then we'd be reminded of just how special we really are.) We woke up praising Him, thanking Him for another day and asking Him to lead & guide us all day long. To show us what "success" for that day looks like. Take it day by day. Then embrace the passions and call that God has placed in your heart, in your life. We are each unique, an original. There is something that each of us can offer the world, that no one else can do quite like we would. You may be "only one" like D.L. Moody says, but that "one" is a very powerful, special, miraculous, irreplaceable, one-of-a-kind person.

Resolve to make a difference, it's what you were made for!!!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,