a bug's life

In feeling overwhelmed and stressed out... my busy-body self has a list of to-do's during naptime. But then I stop and think of what is most important, rather than what is most urgent. I can't get on my computer because Caleb is displaced to napping in my bedroom [his is under construction from mold]. So automatically- I have to slow down. What is most important-- what do I need? I need truth, I need to know the way I should go, I need some answers for life. MORE than I need clean floors, laundry or dishes.

So I force myself to sit, read, listen. The simplest way I know. Read today's proverb. August 6th-- so Proverbs 6. Of course, it's spot on to what I need to hear today, in this moment. It's answering the exact thoughts I was pondering during my (way overdue) shower just minutes ago.

"...if you've locked yourself into a deal with a stranger, if you've impulsively promised the shirt off your back and now find yourself shivering out in the cold, friend, don't waste a minute, get yourself out of that mess. You're in that man's clutches! Go, put on a long face, act desperate. Don't procrastinate-- there's no time to lose." Proverbs 6:1-5 

Cait- don't waste another minute. Get out of this mess however you know how. There's no time to lose. Do what you gotta do. 

"You lazy fool, look at an ant. Watch it closely; let it teach you a thing or two. Nobody has to tell it what to do. All summer is stores up good; at harvest it stockpiles provisions. So how long are you going to laze around doing nothing? How long before you get out of bed? A nap here, a nap there, a day off here, a day off there, sit back, take it easy-- do you know what comes next? Just this: You can look forward to a dirt-poor life. Poverty your permanent houseguest." Proverbs 6:6-11

Funny that we just watched "A Bug's Life" this morning! Coincidence? I think not.

Learn from the ant Caitlin! Surely it's not wiser than you! 

Lord, I'm believing for a miracle for our finances. I'm having faith that this love offering will cover our tax debt and more. But we will learn from this. Trust. Learn to pray and ask You for guidance. I believe every step of ours was ordered by You! You promise that and we're grateful! Thank you for protecting our family. You are so much bigger than money and debt. But we will put ourselves to work- like the ant- to store up and stockpile. We will not procrastinate in getting out of this mess. We couldn't do it without you, thanks Dad! <3 



 

Labels: , ,